Premium, made in the USA, double reed duck call insert.
Making duck calls is easy with these insert kits:
1) Drill a 5/8" hole into your blank material (1.5" thick by 3"+ long).
2) (Optional) Grasp the blank in a four jaw chuck and very lightly profile the ends of the drilled hole and the ends of the blank.
3) Mount the blank on a standard 7mm "A" sized mandrel shaft using the Duck Call Tooling Kit.
4) Profile the blank to your desired shape (include a 3/16" groove if you would like to use a lanyard).
5) Finish the turned call barrel.
6) Assemble the insert by placing the long reed on the bottom, the shorter reed on the top (with the dimple facing down) and press the black wedge into the slot to hold the reeds in place.
7) Press the insert into the call barrel.
-5/8" Drill Bit
- STAT Premium Duck Call Tooling Kit (or make your own pin/jam chuck)