This (High Precision 1B) mandrel system is used for the following kits:
- Round Top - All Styles
- Flat Top - All Styles
- Perfect Fit Pen/Pencil
- El Grande - All Styles
- Churchill - All Styles
- Cambridge - All Styles
- Any kit/bushing indicated with a "B"
- Important: Please read the FAQ below for
information on why the high precision system is more accurate than the precision
- Important: This thicker mandrel requires
larger bushings than most places sell, please see the FAQ below for more
- Important: This mandrel shaft is slightly shorter than the precision system. If making the Perfect Fit pen, orient the nib towards the headstock for all parts to fit.
- The "B" mandrel shaft is thicker than the "A" mandrel shaft, and produces a
nicer finished product.
- The shafts ("A" and "B") are NOT interchangeable with any of the Morse Tapers.
Each shaft requires a corresponding Morse Taper.
- See the
Bushings and Mandrels FAQ for more general information.