Description: This blank is a little darker than high quality moonstones, but when we first saw the blank that was what immediately jumped into our minds. This blank is extremely transparent. You will need to paint the tube and inside of the blank after drilling if you use this for normal pens. The color you choose will have a huge effect on the final appearance of this blank.
Dimensions: 3/4" square by 5" long -- 19mm x 130mm
Transparency: Extremely high
Material: Acrylic Acetate
Colors: Light gray
Style: Transparent with lines
- Price is per blank
- Multiple blanks shown to illustrate variety
- All four sides of the blank are shown
- Available in custom lengths of up to 39" (1 meter)
- More of this material may be available than is shown on the quantity
- Contact Ernie at Bear Tooth Woods for custom lengths or additional cut blanks
Color Note: Starting May 2020 these blanks changed slightly. The blanks available after May 2020 have a very slight green tint to the gray background. The comparison photo shows the color difference.
Video of a turned sample:
This sample was turned from a 3/4" x 5" piece of Moonstone Water acrylic acetate. It was turned to approximately 5/8" diameter. The turned sample is solid, it does not have a hole drilled in it, nor a tube. So its appearance in a finished pen may be quite different depending on transparency.