This blank is a stunner. It has purple, pink, and white flowers. It is a hybrid blank as the flowers/materials share the stage with a 1.25-1.5 inch piece of wood. Each blank is a little different as they are made by hand using natural flowers/materials and wood by an artisan from Tennessee, but the overall look of each blank will be like the examples in this listing.
These blanks are made in small batches, so some variations in color from batch to batch might happen. We will attempt to ship blanks from the same batch when possible. Please understand that the pattern and location of the flowers and natural materials will definitely vary.
Voids and pinholes are to be expected throughout these blanks. If you are not experienced with CA glue (or some other method that does the same thing), then these blanks might not be for you. Your blank will not come out as expected unless the voids and pinholes are filled during the entire process and finished with the CA glue as well.
This finished blank is well worth the effort.
The vendor will not provide information on what type of flowers or natural materials she uses in her blanks. She is a sweet, Southern young lady, but it is a hard and fast rule with her.
Please read her tips for blank and tube prep as well as turning tips.
Blank and Tube Prep tips from the vendor:
1. Pick out a 'Bloom Blank'
2. Drill hole according to project kit
3. Swab out hole with DNA (Denetured Alcohol)
4. Saturate Q-Tip with CA
5. Swab inside of hole with CA
6. Spray with CA accelerator
7. Spray 2 coats of paint. Let dry between coats.
8. Scuff up tube
9. Rub epoxy onto tube
10. Rub epoxy into hole and insert tube. Paint must be 100% dry before inserting tube.
1. Use sharp tools
2. Turn at a high rpm (3800rpm-3900rpm)
3. All Bloom blanks will require CA to fill in voids while turning. Our vendor prefers Mercury Thin, Medium, and Thick.
4. Our vendor recommends to seal the finished product with CA to protect the wood, natural materials, and flowers.