Finally, glow blanks worthy of calling our own. After many, many experiments with tons of different glow pigments, Bear Tooth Woods is finally bringing you these fabulous trickster glow blanks. They trick you because the color you see during the day is not the color you see glowing in the dark.
Some of our glow blanks look soft in the daylight, but really pack a color punch when you let them glow in the dark. That is definitely the case with Lilac Laser.
When Tori mixed the Lilac and Pearl White mica pigments with the Indigo Violet and Blue-White Glow pigments, she couldn’t believe how much of a contrast in the look the blanks had with the “day” look vs. “glow” look. The lilac and pearl white micas drift into soft swirls that look like lilac flowers blowing in the breeze, soaking up the sunlight for their glow transformation. When night falls, the flowers radiate an indigo violet glow that beams through the white glow pigment like a laser.
3/4"+ square by 5"+ long -- 19mm x 130mm
Lilac, Pearl White
Indigo Violet, White
Mother of Pearl, Ultra Fine
Medium - High
Alumilite glow blanks are a swirling mixture of mica powders (to give them great colors in the day time), vibrant glow in the dark pigments (to give them a wonderful glow in dark environments), and some ultra fine glitter (for some added sparkle)
- Price is per blank
- Multiple blanks shown to illustrate variety
- Blanks will have high transparency due to using less mica pigment when creating these blanks. This enables the glow pigment to shine through, but still gives the blank a nice look in "daylight" as well
- We recommend painting the interior of the blank after drilling. The paint color used will definitely affect the final look of the blank. It may also affect how brightly the blank glows so we recommend you choose a brighter paint color.
- The glow pigment will glow when left out in direct sunlight for 20-30 minutes. For a full "charge" leave out in direct sunlight for 1 hour. Some of the glow pigments used will last for up to 12 hours on a full charge. Others will last for 3-4 hours on a full charge.
- The mother of pearl colored glitter in these blanks offers a subtle shimmer that complements the mica pigment it is mixed with. Unlike our other glitter blanks the very small size and lower density of this glitter will not affect the texture of the blank's final finish.
- Blanks and finished tubes in the photos were left in the sun for an hour and then photographed from about two feet away.