Finally, glow blanks worthy of calling our own. After many, many experiments with tons of different glow pigments, Bear Tooth Woods is finally bringing you these fabulous trickster glow blanks. They trick you because the color you see during the day is not the color you see glowing in the dark.
Game Over was originally inspired by color schemes from video / arcade games. Tori really loved the vivid red, bold blue and bright green color combination found in a lot of 80ís / 90ís video game design so she threw together this blank in her color lab. The final result was a blank that really packs a K.O. punch of color on your finished turning project.
3/4"+ square by 5"+ long -- 19mm x 130mm
Vivid Green, Sapphire Blue, Red
Bright Green, Blue, Orange-Red
Medium - High
Alumilite glow blanks are a swirling mixture of mica powders (to give them great colors in the day time) and vibrant glow in the dark pigments (to give them a wonderful glow in dark environments).
- Price is per blank
- Multiple blanks shown to illustrate variety
- Blanks will have high transparency due to using less mica pigment when creating these blanks. This enables the glow pigment to shine through, but still gives the blank a nice look in "daylight" as well.
- We recommend painting the interior of the blank after drilling. The paint color used will definitely affect the final look of the blank. It may also affect how brightly the blank glows so we recommend you choose a brighter paint color.
- The glow pigment will glow when left out in direct sunlight for 20-30 minutes. For a full "charge" leave out in direct sunlight for 1 hour. Some of the glow pigments used will last for up to 12 hours on a full charge. Others will last for 3-4 hours on a full charge.
- No glitter was added to this blank.
- Blanks and finished tubes in the photos were left in the sun for an hour and then photographed from about two feet away.