Price is per blank. The blanks shown are representative of the blank you will receive, but are not necessarily the exact blank you will receive.
Dimensions: 3/4"+ x 5"+
Base Color(s): Varies, see photo
Glitter(s): Varies, see photo
Transparency: Varies, see photo
- There will be bubbles. More noticeably in the blanks with clear/glitter mixes. Tori was not always able to get the blanks into the pressure pot due to time restraints when casting most of our normal blanks. So there will be small bubbles inside the blanks.
- There might be small voids inside the blanks so drill/turn with caution.
- You can see the bubbles in the example photo below. Especially how the clear layer of resin has lots of visible bubbles. This is just an example and is not indicative of all of the blanks. The clear layers are very thin in most of the blanks. Most of the bubbles in the mica-colored resin will not be as noticeable.
- See Tori's Finishing Process (below) for dealing with the bubbles.
Since we started casting our own blanks almost 2 years ago, Tori has been emptying the remaining resin from her casting into molds to create these one-of-a-kind Overpour Palette Blanks. Each of these blanks is a little piece of Bear Tooth Woods history with a layered mix of glitter and mica mixed in resin. Each layer is a little different depending on how much of the resin got poured into the mold. You might even see some of your favorite colors from our previous limited edition blanks mixed in there as well.
Quantities are strictly limited to the quantity shown. Once the initial quantity of a particular palette is sold out that palette will be removed.
Some of the layers in these blanks feature glitter in the Alumilite. The alumilite has that butter-smooth turn that you've come to expect from Alumilite, however the glitter does tend to make a mess. Expect to find glitter for a while after you turn. When finishing the glitter blank, we've found that using a CA finish has given us the smoothest finish. If you donít use a CA Finish (we use a few coats of Ultra Thin), you might be able to feel the slightest texture of the glitter on the surface of your turned blank.
Tori's Finishing Process
- After sanding through 800 grit wipe down the blank with denatured alcohol and remove the dust from the bubble voids.
- Then apply 3-4 coats of Extra Thick CA finish, allowing each coat to fully cure in between.
- Repeat the above steps if needed until the finish is smooth.
- Sand through 12000 grit and apply final polish.